Lockheed Martin's AN/AAR-56 MLD is a mature, affordable, defensive system capable of providing long-range detection and declaration of both airborne and surface-launched threats.
Suited to all fixed-wing aircraft operating envelopes, MLD is currently operational on U.S. Air Force F-22 aircraft.
An MLD shipset is comprised of six sensors, three common interface processing cards and six low-observable window frame assemblies. An established and tested algorithm base provides maximum performance that matches the aircraft platform mission with the threat environment.
- IR staring focal plane sensors for long range threat detection and declaration
- Low observable windows for improved survivability
- State-of-the-art image processing
- Real-time threat warning
- Mature missile detection algorithms
- On-camera rate sensors for improved threat tracking
- Two-level maintenance for reduced life cycle cost
- Modular design for technology refresh
Lockheed Martin continues to advance threat warning systems with the development of both high-resolution and multi-spectral sensor variants and an expanded algorithm base that incorporates situational awareness and defensive infrared search and track.