Multi-mission capable and able to simultaneously detect ultra-low to high altitude targets as part of its normal surveillance mission, Lockheed Martin’s long-range radars set the industry standard for ground-based air surveillance. With more than 60 years of experience developing and delivering ground-based radar solutions to our customers, our high-performing, high-reliability, solid state radar systems specialize in early warning, situational awareness and tactical ballistic missile surveillance and defense. Our radars are designed with significant commonality and fully integrated SSR systems. They can operate in all environments and are deployed worldwide.
Developed for the U.S. Marine Corps to provide a mobile long-range surveillance radar capability. It is recognized as the world’s most capable long-range ground-based radar for tactical ballistic missile defense with proven performance during live fire tests.
Developed for the U.S. Air Force, it provides long-range surveillance capability to the minimally attended Distant Early Warning line in Alaska and Canada. It is the most capable dual-use air traffic monitoring and air defense radar available and has been proven in more locations around the world than any other radar in its class.
Designed to be a multi-mission radar, the TPS-77 incorporates the best TPS-59 and FPS-117 features to create an economical, high performing radar that can be transported via C-130, C-17, truck, rail or helicopter.
Advanced architecture and proven performance
- Phased array technology enables digitally controlled beam steering to provide unmatched flexibility at a price other architectures cannot offer.
- More than 30 years of experience developing advanced adaptive algorithms to provide superior performance in jamming and clutter (cognitive radars).
- D/L frequency band outperforms higher frequency radars for clutter rejection.
- Full monopulse processing in azimuth and elevation allows our radars to accurately determine target position with a single detection.
Did you know?
- Lockheed Martin delivered the first Active Electronically Steered Array (AESA) radar into the long-range ground-based market.
- More than 175 solid-state long-range ground-based radars have been delivered world-wide to our customers – more than our competitors combined.
In addition, all of our radars are backed by a strong support network with a number of available service and logistical options.
It’s why Lockheed Martin ground-based air surveillance radars are the choice of more than 30 nations on six continents.